About Our Conservatory
- Core (2x/week) classes: You will receive a Zoom link day-of to join your class at the regularly scheduled time.- Video links should be sent out no later than the next day after your originally scheduled class. Please be patient: This is a new format for us, and uploading videos can sometimes take more time than expected.
Below is an overview of the different programs we offer in our Conservatory, Casses & Camps (seasonal, grades PreK-9) and our Youth Productions (audition based, KidStage and TeenStage).
Want to enroll in KidStage or TeenStage?
Contact our Youth Productions Manager at (510) 845-8542 x303
Want to enroll in Camps and Classes?
Contact our Classes and Camps Manager at (510) 845-8542 x379
A typical progression through our program
Camps & Classes
- 1-4 week camps during:
- Winter Break (December/January)
- Spring Break (March)
- Summer (June-August)
- Grades K-6
- Camps are generally offered Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm unless otherwise indicated.
- 5-12 week after-school classes during:
- Fall (~September-November)
- Winter (~January-March)
- Spring (~April-May)
- Grades PreK-9.
- Classes are generally once a week unless otherwise indicated.
More about Camps & Classes
(Grades 3-7) and
TeenStage (Grades 8-12)
KidStage (grades 3rd-7th) and TeenStage (grades 8th-12th) are audition-based youth companies that produce full-length musicals.
We offer opportunities three times a year for young actors, singers, and dancers to participate in our 15 annual productions.
Directed and designed by local theater professionals, KidStage and TeenStage shows feature conservatory students playing all the roles. Over the course of the rehearsal process, young company members develop their individual craft and learn to thrive collectively as part of an ensemble, all while building a polished and fully-produced final show, presented here on the Julia Morgan Theater stage.
Once admitted, they become a member of the company and do not have to audition for future productions, provided they remain in good standing with the program.
Rather, they will enroll to be a member of the cast for upcoming productions as they become available online, after which auditions (we like to call them “try-ons”) are held for specific roles during the few weeks of rehearsal.
More about Youth Productions