Berkeley Playhouse Counselor in Training Program
Are you a theatre-lover looking to try something new? The Berkeley Playhouse CIT Program offers young people the opportunity to gain practical training and develop leadership skills while participating in conservatory camp activities. You’ll have the chance to assist in rehearsals and final showings while receiving mentorship from Bay Area theatre professionals.
Teens that have a passion for theatre arts or working with kids.
Teens that are interested in developing transferable leadership skills.
Teens that are interested in a new challenge and a mentorship role.
Priority will be given to students who are available 4 or more weeks of camp
- Work with and shadow Bay Area theater professionals.
- Develop leadership skills and teacher training.
- Free camp t-shirt.
- Recommendation letter by request
- High School/College credit or Community Service credit (please send relevant forms/paperwork to Mary Cait Hogan - email@example.com)
- Attend a 2-hour pre-camp training to learn basic classroom management and activity planning.
- Attend weekly meetings with Classes & Camps Administrator to discuss progress and strategies.
- Assist with camp check-in and all camp meetings.
- Assist with class activities, rehearsals, and final sharings.
- Lead activity in Final Sharing
- 1-week camps will have an informal final sharing for other campers on Friday.
- 2- and 3-week camps will have a formal final sharing for friends and family on the last afternoon of camp.
- Assist teachers and teaching assistants with classroom set up and break down.
- Provide support to students during final sharings
- Assist backstage (props, costumes, etc.) during final sharings.
- Must be entering 8th grade or later.
- Must be able to attend all camp hours for the week(s) they are assigned. Camp hours are 8:45am-3:15pm, Monday- Friday.
- Must provide parental permission.
- New applicants must provide 1 reference (not a family member) within the application.
- $200 tuition fee for initial week and $100 fee for each successive week, covering training and camp activities at a reduced rate.