Youth Production Enrollment
Returning TeenStage or KidStage members: Please look for an email from email@example.com instructions on our all-new enrollment process.
New to TeenStage or KidStage: An audition is required to be admitted to the program. Schedule an audition here.
Having trouble enrolling in KidStage or TeenStage? Contact our Youth Productions Manager at (510) 845-8542 x303. We're happy to help!
Our Winter/Spring Titles:
KidStage Crazy For You:
This musical comedy is a fast-paced and light-hearted collection of the most beloved tunes of George and Ira Gershwin, including “They Can’t Take That Away From Me”, “I’ve Got Rhythm”, and the romantic “Someone To Watch Over Me”. Crazy For You is a truly delightful homage to the beloved, optimistic musicals of the 1930s: a world of showgirls and cowboys, in which a city boy and a country girl reconcile their differences, fall in love, and save a theater, the old-fashioned way.
From the composer of Wicked, Pippin is the story of one young man's journey to be extraordinary. Heir to the Frankish throne, the young prince Pippin is in search of the secret to true happiness and fulfillment. In the end, though, Pippin finds that happiness lies not in extraordinary endeavors, but rather in the unextraordinary moments that happen every day.
Winter/Spring Production Details
Winter/Spring TeenStage Pippin: Section 1
- Rehearses: Tues/Thurs 6:30-8:30pm and Sun 2pm-6pm Feb. 7th-May 5th
- Mandatory tech: May 5th 2pm-6pm & May. 6- 10 4:30pm-9pm
- Performs: May 11th 1pm & 6pm, May 12th 12pm & 5pm
Winter/Spring TeenStage Pippin: Section 2
- Rehearses: Mon/Fri 4-6pm and Sun 10am-2pm Feb.8-May 12th
- Mandatory tech: May 12th 10am-2pm & May 13-16 4-8:30pm
- Performs: May 17th 6pm, May 18th 1pm & 6pm, May 19th 12pm
Winter/Spring KidStage Crazy For You: Section 1
- Rehearses: Tues/Thurs 4-6pm and Sat 2pm-6pm Feb. 14-May 18th
- Mandatory tech: May 18th 2pm-6pm & May 20th-24th 3:45-8pm
- Performs: May 25th 1m & 6pm, May 26th 12pm & 5pm
Winter/Spring KidStage Crazy For You: Section 2
- Rehearses: Mon/Wed 4-6pm and Sat 10am-2pm Feb. 13th – May 25th
- Mandatory tech: May 25th 10am-2pm & May 27-31 3:45-8pm
- Performs: June 1st 1pm & 6pm, June 2nd 12pm & 5pm
Our Two-Step Enrollment Process
Here at Berkeley Playhouse, we look at our practices and adjust to new information so that we can improve your and your child’s experience here.
As BPH continues to grow in popularity, our sections fill up fast, sometimes stranding returning students on the waitlist, and often making it difficult, if not impossible, for new students to find an entry point.
This session, in order to reduce the amount of students on wait lists, we are asking parents to sign up for a title rather than a specific section. Our education team will then balance each section to provide the best learning opportunity for all children.
STEP 1: FILL OUR AN APPLICATION FORM
You will receive an email with instructions on how to submit registration forms. Please submit as soon as possible, as priority will be given in the order applications are received.
STEP 2: RECEIVE AN OFFER CODE
You will receive an email with an offer code to your student’s section. At this point, you will have one week to accept and pay for that spot or it may be released.
What will you consider when placing a student?
- The order in which applications are received.
- The student's grade. We are still grouping students by grade, but the age spread of a section will depend on the number of applicants received for each particular grade.
- Carpool and friend groups. We know that this is an important factor and we will strive to honor these requests to the best of our ability.
Why are you doing this?
- Equitable access, we are trying to make sure the needs of our students from various means and backgrounds are included in our program.
- Reducing the amount of returning students on waitlists. We hope this will also allow us to provide all our wonderful community of returning students a spot in our programs.
- Creating groups that are balanced by age and ability so we can provide the best experience for all.
What does the new process entail?
- The first step will to be to fill out a pre-registration form indicating your preferences.
- Next, you will receive an email with an offer code to your student’s section. This email will include the names of the other students in this section and all important dates. You will have one week to accept and pay for that spot or it may be released.
- If you do not receive your first choice of section, you may ask to be put on the waiting list for another section.
Thank you for your support and help as we continue to improve and support systems for our students and community. We are always reflecting and evaluating our processes and are grateful for your patience as we trial a new system.
Be sure to read our education terms and conditions before you enroll
Please click on the title of the Production to see rehearsal and show calendar. If no shows appear below, classes have not yet been announced or you have not entered your Enrollment Code in the Promo Code box.