Current Job Openings
Berkeley Playhouse is hiring! We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
Classes & Camps Manager (ed. 2022)
Classification: Salaried, Full Time, Exempt
Benefits: Health (Dental & Vision available at employee's expense), Worker's Comp, Vacation and Sick Leave.
Terms: At-will employment
Reports to: Producing Director of Education and Mainstage
Supervises: Classes & Camps Teaching artists and assistants
Reviews: Performance reviews scheduled annually
In collaboration with the entire department, implements the artistic and educational values in both Musical Theater Arts Education classes and camps. They strive to maintain the quality of experience for students, parents, and teaching staff.
- Designs and builds classes and camp offering.
- Locates and contracts offsite spaces for C&C when needed.
- Manages phone and email education inquiries, with support during high times when available.
- Places and manages teaching artists and assistants.
- Manages timesheets for all C&C staff.
- Maintains a growing relationship with current teaching staff.
- Coordinates teacher communication with families of enrolled students, in collaboration with PD.
- Tracks C&C budget costs.
- Manages financial aid in collaboration with the Outreach Director.
- Co-manages Counselor In Training program with Producing Director.
2) CURRICULUM & PROGRAMMING
- Manages curriculum for C&C and coordinates with commissioned writers if and when needed.
- Devises and manages classroom supplies, craft projects, and costume/props. Can collaborate with Resident SM.
- Assures that all curriculum material is suited for the age/level/size of each camp and is inline with the BPH values.
- Distributes scripts, music, and other materials for C&C.
- Coordinates teacher orientations each session, in collaboration with Producing Director.
- Chooses curriculum titles in collaboration with Producing Director and gets approval from Executive Artistic Director.
- Provides teacher support: "on-call" for urgent classroom circumstances, provides hands-on assistance in the classroom when required, and be available to substitute teach when needed.
- Prepares logistics and manages introductions for final showings, as well as being present for parent questions.
3) ORGANIZATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works weekends and evenings as required to support educational programming.
- Works with Youth Productions Manager to maintain organization of all education materials and storage space.
- Assists PD as needed.
4) ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
How to Apply / Contact:
Interested applicants should email
When applying, please include the following:
- A minimum of 2 references (email and phone number)
- An introductory letter answering the following:
1. Why are you interested in working at Berkeley Playhouse?
2. How does your skill set match the demands of a Classes & Camps Manager?
Berkeley Playhouse is seeking vibrant, inspiring, dynamic and experienced musical theatre teaching artists for after school classes and holiday camps.
Applicants should have significant experience in performing as well as directing and teaching children. Classes are arranged by age and experience level; students range in ages from 2-18 and are enrolled at various levels from beginner through pre-professional.
How to Apply / Contact:
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Teaching Artist” in the subject line:
- Teaching/acting resume
- 3 references (email and phone number)
Front of House Staff
We are currently accepting resumes for front of house staff positions. Responsibilities include general house management duties such as enforcing Covid safety protocols, checking tickets, directing patrons to their seats, seating late patrons, and working counter service at concessions when necessary. Must be available to work Thursdays through Sundays during productions. Please submit your resume to Director of Patron Services, Sean Griffin: email@example.com
Please Note: Proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are accepting resumes for all technical crew. Please submit your resume to Production Manager, Cameron Pence: firstname.lastname@example.org