Youth Production Auditions
About The Program
In addition to our Professional Season, Berkeley Playhouse produces several youth only productions a season. Our acclaimed programs gives talented students the opportunity to participate in full-scale, youth-only productions of the highest quality with some of the best professional directors, choreographers, and designers in the Bay Area. Cast members within the KidStage and TeenStage programs receive ongoing training in acting, voice, and movement! Need-based financial aid is available. View financial aid information.
An audition is required to be admitted into the program. See below for audition information.
If you have participated in a Youth Production before, you do not need to audition again. Enroll here.
Fall 2018 YouthStage Auditions
We are now holding auditions for full-length Youth Productions!
Join us this fall for KidStage Wizard of Oz or TeenStage Chicago.
KIDSTAGE WIZARD OF OZ
When a storm hits her family farm in Kansas, young Dorothy and her dog Toto are swept over the rainbow to a magical land where scarecrows talk, tin men sing, lions (barely) roar, and where one very wicked witch rules the skies. One of the most treasured stories of the 20th century, The Wizard of Oz is filled with the songs that made it an instant classic.
Production DetailsKidStage Oz Section 1 (Grades 4-7 TBD)
- Section dates: 9/13 - 1/6 (Please note this section will be dark Thanksgiving week and 12/21-12/28)
- Rehearses: Tuesday/Thursday 4-6pm and Saturdays 2-6pm
- Training dates: 9/15, 9/18, 9/20, 9/22
- Mandatory technical rehearsals: 1/1-1/4 3:45-8:00pm (*Please note this is during some school's Winter Breaks this year, please check availability before filling out forms)
- Shows: 1/5 @ 1pm and 6pm, 1/6 @ 12pm and 5pm
- Section dates: 9/12 - 1/13 (Please note this section will be dark Thanksgiving week and 12/22-1/4)
- Rehearses: Monday/Wedneday 4-6pm and Saturdays 10am-2pm
- Training dates: 9/15, 9/17, 9/19, 9/24
- Mandatory technical rehearsals: 1/7-1/11 3:45-8:00pm
- Shows: 1/11 @6pm, 1/12 @ 1pm and 6pm, 1/13 @ 12pm
In Roaring Twenties Chicago, Roxie Hart murders a faithless lover and convinces her hapless husband, Amos, to take the rap... until he finds out he's been duped and turns on Roxie. Convicted and sent to Death Row, Roxie and another "Merry Murderess," Velma Kelly, vie for the spotlight and the headlines, ultimately joining forces in search of the "American Dream": fame, fortune, and acquittal.
Production DetailsTeenStage Section 1 (Upper Grades TBD)
- Section dates: 9/20 - 1/20 (Please note this section will be dark Thanksgiving week and 12/22-1/4)
- Rehearses: Tuesday/Thursday 6:30-8:30pm and Sundays 2-6pm
- Training dates: 9/23, 9/25, 9/27, 10/2
- Mandatory technical rehearsals: 1/14 - 1/18 4:30-9:00pm
- Shows: 1/19 @ 1pm and 6pm, 1/20 @ 12pm and 5pm
- Section dates: 9/28 - 1/27 (Please note this section will be dark Thanksgiving week and 12/22-1/4)
- Rehearses: Mondays/Fridays 4:00-6:00pm and Sundays 10am-2pm
- Training dates: 9/30, 10/1, 10/5, 10/7
- Mandatory technical rehearsals: 1/21 - 1/24 3:45-8:30pm
- Shows: 1/26 @ 1pm and 6pm, 1/27 @ 12pm and 5pm