These protocols are in effect as of May 13, 2022. Please note that this information is subject to change.
Berkeley Playhouse Safety ProtocolsThe health and safety of our audiences, artists, crew, and volunteers is our top priority. This means:
- We’re vaxxed, are you?: All Berkeley Playhouse staff and artists are fully vaccinated. Performers will be unmasked during the performance. There will be no seating in the first row of the house to allow for safe distancing between the performers, musicians, and the audience. We strongly encourage all those who enter the building to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 to the greatest extent possible within their own eligibility guidelines.
- Mask up to stay safe: Appropriate face coverings will be required at all times at performances unless actively drinking water. Face coverings must fully cover the mouth and nose. Neck gaiters, bandanas, and all masks with vents are NOT allowed.
- Food and drink: At this time, concessions are offered for purchase. However, food and drink consumption is limited to outside the theater building ONLY; eating and drinking in the theater or the lobby is prohibited at all times.
- The cleaner the better: Our building undergoes routine cleaning and ventilation to keep good air flow moving throughout. We encourage patrons to utilize our patio before, at intermission, and after a performance to allow for space.
- Health & Safety Fee: We are instituting a non-refundable $3 Public Health & Safety Fee for single ticket purchases to offset measures taken to ensure everyone’s well-being during this pandemic. We thank you for your understanding. And remember—season pass holders never incur fees on their tickets—just sayin’...
- In the event of a cancellation…If we determine that it is unsafe to have a performance for any reason, we will notify you about your tickets and your options for exchanges/refunds. If you bought tickets to a performance but then on the day of or prior find that you are not up to attending, we’ll understand and work with you to exchange or refund your tickets.
- Check yourself before you come to the theater. Prior to your performance, please self-assess your health before coming to the theater by considering the following questions:
- Within the past 10 days, have you been diagnosed with, or tested positive for, COVID-19?
- In the past 10-14 days, have you had close contact with anyone who has COVID-19, during their contagious period?
- In the last 24 hours, including today, have you had any of the symptoms below, that is new or not explained by another condition?
- A cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- A fever of 100.4°F/38°C or higher?
- Chills, fatigue, or muscle and body aches?
- Headache or a sore throat?
- A persistent runny nose?
- A sudden loss of taste or smell?
If so, please DO NOT ATTEND and call us for exchange/refund options.