These protocols are in effect as of September 1, 2023. Please note that this information is subject to change.
Berkeley Playhouse Safety ProtocolsThe health and safety of our audiences, artists, crew, and volunteers is our top priority. This means:
- We’re vaxxed, are you?: All Berkeley Playhouse staff and artists are fully vaccinated. Performers will be unmasked during the performance. There will be no seating in the first row of the house to allow for safe distancing between the performers, musicians, and the audience. We strongly encourage all those who enter the building to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 to the greatest extent possible within their own eligibility guidelines.
- Mask up to stay safe: Appropriate face coverings are currently not required in the theater, but strongly encouraged.
- Food and drink: Concessions are available for purchase and may be consumed both inside and outside the theater.
- The cleaner the better: Our building undergoes routine cleaning and ventilation to keep good air flow moving throughout. We encourage patrons to utilize our patio before, at intermission, and after a performance to allow for space.
- In the event of a cancellation…If we determine that it is unsafe to have a performance for any reason, we will notify you about your tickets and your options for exchanges/refunds. If you bought tickets to a performance but then on the day of or prior find that you are not up to attending, we’ll understand and work with you to exchange or refund your tickets.