Berkeley Playhouse Counselor in Training Program
Are you a theatre-lover looking to try something new? The Berkeley Playhouse CIT Program offers young people the opportunity to gain practical training and develop leadership skills while participating in conservatory camp activities. You’ll have the chance to assist in rehearsals and final showings while receiving mentorship from Bay Area theatre professionals.
Teens that have a passion for theatre arts or working with kids.
Teens that are interested in developing transferable leadership skills.
Teens that are interested in a new challenge and a mentorship role.
Priority will be given to students who are available 4 or more weeks of camp
- Attend a 2-hour pre-camp training to learn basic classroom management skills and activity planning.
- Assist with class activities and final showings.
- Lead an activity in Final Showings:
- For 1 and 2 week camps you will present a group activity with the guidance of a teaching artist on the final day of camp.
- For 3 or 4 week camps you will assistant direct a scene/song for the final showing,
- Assist teachers and teaching assistants with classroom set up and break down.
- Help backstage during final performances.
- Attend weekly camp meetings.
- Greet new students on the first day of camp each Monday morning.
- Must be at least 13 years old.
- Must provide parental permission and 2 references (not family members) within the downloadable application.
- References should use this reference form , space to upload can be found within application
- $200 tuition for initial week and $100 for each successive week. Tuition covers training and camp activities at a reduced rate.
- Chance to work with and shadow Bay Area theatre professionals.
- Leadership skills and teacher training.
- Free camp T-shirt.
- Certificate of Completion signed by the Director of Education.
- Recommendation letter by request; High School/College credit or Community Service credit (please include relevant forms/paperwork with this application)*
*Depending on the requirements of the school